All categories – Poetry, Fiction, and Nonfiction – are open to all writers, published or unpublished. We will accept most genres, except pornography, erotica, graphic violence/horror, or anything racial or biased toward any religious or moral preference.
- Maximum entry length: 50 lines (per poem), 2000 words (per fiction and non-fiction entry).
- All entries must be original, unpublished, (this includes submissions to our Magnolia Quarterly Magazine) and submission must not have been a winner of a previous “Let’s Write” Literary Contest.
- All entries must be typewritten, 12 pt. Times New Roman font, double-spaced (poetry may be single-spaced) on one side only of 81/2” x 11″ white paper.
- A COVER PAGE must be included for each entry. (See Cover Page requirements below)
- On each entry put title and page # in the upper right hand corner of each page. Please put No Other identification on your entry.
- Keep your originals. Send only copies. Entries will not be returned. GCWA cannot be responsible for entries lost in the mail or damaged due to natural catastrophe.
- GCWA retains the rights to publish the winning entries in the Magnolia Quarterly and on the web site. All other rights retained by the author.
- Multiple entries in all categories are welcome and may be mailed in one envelope. Be sure to include your check with your entry/entries.
Include $8.00 for each Fiction or Nonfiction entry. And $8.00 for 1 to 3 Poetry entries.
|■ COVER PAGE must include the following information:|
|3. Phone Number|
|4. E-Mail address|
|5. Title of Entry|
|6. Category ( Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry)|
|7. Word Count (Entries not to exceed 2,000 words or 50 lines of poetry)|
|Mail entries to: Gulf Coast Writers Association “Let’s Write” Literary Сontest PO Box 4808 / Biloxi, MS 39535|
|$ Contest Prizes $|
|Maximum||50 lines per poem||2,000 words||2,000 words|
To receive acknowledgment/receipt of your entry, include a self-addressed stamped post card.
For a list of winners and/or information about the awards banquet, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address before May 1, 2017. The SASE may accompany your entry.
Please note that all GCWA officers are volunteers from our local community, and participate out of love and dedication to the craft of writing. GCWA is a not-for-profit organization. The funds collected cover operating and publishing expenses.